- New! Smart Snacks Calculator
- Looking for Healthy Living Ambassadors!
- Win a Scholarship for the Be Healthy Georgia Festival
- Register for Spring 2014 Walk Georgia
- Register for Georgia Walk to School Day!
- Apply for the 2014 Golden Radish Award
- Register Today for School Wellness Summits
- Power Up for 30 Makes a Difference
- Outdoor Workout Zones Bring Fitness to Atlanta Parks
- $88,000 to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Coca-Cola Awards $1 Million to Georgia SHAPE
- Get Active with a Free Trip to Zoo Atlanta
- Carrollton City Schools recognized for healthy lunches
- Gov. launches initiative to improve child fitness
- Georgia SHAPE initiative partnerships, support grow
- Running clubs help promote student fitness
- Get fit with ParkPass library loan program
- C.J. the Workout Kid exercises with Anderson Cooper
- Mayors sign on to support SHAPE
- Groups donate $46,000 in fitness equipment
- Falcons visit to salute school for earning gold medal in SHAPE
- $87K Awarded to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Annie's School Garden Grants
- Social media may help fight childhood obesity
- Childhood Obesity in Ga.’s Early Education Programs Targeted
- Commissioner Details SHAPE’s Fight against Obesity
- Falcons Youth Foundation to Increase Healthy Foods
- Falcons Youth Foundation Pledges Funds for Fitness
- $1,000 for 1,000 Schools
- Youth Fitness Campaign Comes to Georgia
- Announcing 2013 Georgia SHAPE School Grants
- DPH, DOE Encourage Schools to Power Up for 30
- Georgia SHAPE Grants
Learn how your school can win a grant
School Grants for Healthy Kids
Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK) is welcoming schools to apply for the 2014-2015 School Grants for Healthy Kids. The grants will range from $500 to $5,000 and are designed to help schools create or expand school breakfast programs, pilot universal breakfast programs or enhance their physical activity programs. Award amounts will be based on building enrollment, project type, potential impact and a school's ability to mobilize parents and students around school wellness initiatives. Applications must be filed by May 2, 2014.
For more information and to apply, visit the School Grants page on AFHK's website.
USDA Farm to School Grants
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is accepting applications for its Farm to School grant program. The program is designed to assist in implementing farm to school programs that improve access to local foods in eligible schools. In addition to grants for planning, implementation and support services for farm-to-school programs, the USDA will offer a grant to support conferences, trainings and events focused on farm to school program development. Schools interested in the conference/event grants need to submit a letter of intent by 11:59 p.m. ET on April 2. All other grant applications are due April 30 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For more information and to apply, visit the USDA's Farm to School Grant web page.
Tyson K-12 Making a Difference Grant
The grant recognizes a school with outstanding efforts in improving student wellness through better nutrition, nutrition/health education and physical fitness. The award can help schools execute their vision for health and wellness by funding a specific project or portion of the project through building renovations, equipment, technology, training and/or programming. Applications must be submitted by April 15, 2014.
Click here for more information on application requirements.
Voices for Healthy Kids
The American Heart Association and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation have joined forces to launch Voices for Healthy Kids. With three types of grants, the program will engage, organize and mobilize people to improve the health of their communities and reverse the childhood obesity epidemic. Voices for Healthy Kids will advance coordinated state, local and tribal public policy issue advocacy campaigns focused on childhood obesity priorities. The awards range from $15,000 to $100,000.
To learn more about the grants and Voices for Healthy Kids' six priority areas, click here.
WellPoint Foundation Grants
The WellPoint Foundation is offering school grants for physical activity, physical education and wellness programs. Award amounts may vary, and applications are due May 9, 2014. Click here to learn more and to apply.
2014 PEP Grants
Each year, the Carol M. White Physical Education Program (PEP) awards millions of dollars to schools and organizations to initiate, expand, and improve physical education programs. Your school or organization could receive $100,000 to $750,000! Click here to learn more.
School Physical Activity and Nutrition Grants (Round III) (Hurry and apply now, deadline is fast approaching!)
The Georgia Departmnt of Public Health in partnership with Georgia SHAPE is providing grant funding and technical assistance to schools to improve student fitness based on the results of the FITNESSGRAM© assessment or to address the nutritional requirements of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. The SHAPE School Grant Program will provide planning grants in the amount of $3,000.00 to selected schools
Good Sports is offering grants for Equipment!
Good Sports helps to lay the foundation for healthy, active lifestyles by providing athletic equipment, footwear, and apparel to disadvantaged young people nationwide.
Youth sports programs have faced severe budget cuts in most geographies and many organizations respond by shifting the costs to families in the form of higher fees. In some communities, this can effectively exclude disadvantaged children from joining teams. (Over 60% of suburban youth participate in sports leagues compared to just 20% of urban youth.)
By partnering with sporting goods manufacturers, Good Sports is able to provide equipment, apparel, and footwear to programs in need. This lowers their costs which helps them keep fees affordable, create more scholarships, enhance the quality of their activities, and introduce new sports into their schools or organizations.
Good Sports wants to help kids in need stay active! If you or your team is in need of equipment, Good Sports may be able to help. Visit the Good Sports website to apply today!
Copyright © Georgia Shape. All Rights Reserved.